My Spanish teacher is pretty cool, she had a crush on Robert Pattinson (this was cool until I went off of the Twilight Saga say...two years ago?).
Now she's even more cool as we are learning about fashion in my Spanish lessons.
For homework we had to write a paragraph about a slightly eccentric, in my opinion, Spanish designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada, using three tenses. I literally just finished so I feel like I should refer to you what I have just learnt; I have never really researched into Agatha or really heard of her before my mum brought an ARP lip salve back for me from Italy.
Agatha Ruiz de la Prada shows seem to be avant-garde without meaning to. Here are some repeated features that plagued her Primavera/Verano 2011 show at Madrid Fashion Week:
- Rayas multicolores (multicoloured stripes)
- Lunares rosa (pink polkadots)
- Patrones de innumerables de corazon. Porque la corazon es la logotipo de ARP. (Numerous patterned hearts. Because the heart is ARP's logo)
- Una vestido de calabaza (a pumpkin dress)
- Los trajes fueron vibrantes (vibrant outfits)
- Tiene zapatos de tacon alto con un corazon para el talon.(She had heart shaped high heels)
- Y cuadros, cuadros, cuardos! (and chequers, chequers, chequers!)
Check it out for yourselves and yes, I know, my Spanish es crapola!
And there's Aggy herself in the weird plastic ball dress that reminds me of those kiddies ball pits...However out of all the craziness the craziest thing is how happy and smiley and healthy the models all look, except this girl...
The poor model is being swallowed up by a beanbag!!
Check out more crazy at Agatha Ruiz de la Prada's official blog. Enjoy!